Hello guys, welcome back to my blog. In this article, I will discuss the Electrical Interview Question And Answer On Transformer. The questions and answers which I mention below are most repeatedly asked for freshers in the interview.
If you want an article on some other topics then comment us below in the comment section. You can also catch me @ Instagram – Chetan Shidling.
Electrical Interview Question On Transformer
Hi, my name is Chetan Shidling. Guys, if you really want to gain more knowledge in electrical engineering then you can follow me on other social media for more updates. Well, guys if you are preparing for placement then this article is for you.
01. What is the transformer?
A. The transformer is a device with no rotating parts, the transformer is used in various places, the function of the transformer is to transfer power from one circuit to another circuit without changing frequency and power.
02. What are the types of losses in the transformer?
A. The types of losses in the transformer are:
- Copper loss or Variable loss or Winding loss
- Iron loss or Core loss or Constant loss
The iron losses are classified as the eddy current loss and hysteresis loss.
03. What happens if we give DC supply to the transformer?
A. We all know that the transformer works only on AC supply because when we give AC supply to the transformer alternating flux is produced whereas if we give DC supply to the transformer then it produces steady flux due to this steady flux the transformer draw heavy current because of no back emf and low resistance, then the winding of transformer will burn
04. Name the transformer which is located in cities or areas?
A. The transformer which is located in the cities is called a distribution transformer. The function of the distribution transformer is to step-down the voltage from 11 KV to 440 Volts(three-phase) or 230 volts(single-phase).
05. How to reduce eddy current losses in the transformer?
A. The eddy current losses in the transformer can be reduced by using thin laminations.
06. How to reduce hysteresis losses in the transformer?
A. The hysteresis losses in the transformer can be reduced by using high-grade material.
07. What is the distinction between core type and shell-type transformer?
A. The difference between the core type and shell-type transformer is that in the core type transformer primary and secondary windings are placed on different limbs whereas in the shell-type transformer the primary and secondary windings are placed in one limb.
08. How to identify which is primary and secondary winding in the transformer?
A. We can’t say this is primary or this is secondary by seeing transformer without connecting supply and load. Always remember that the side where we connect the supply is called primary winding and the side where we connect load is called secondary winding.
09. What are the main parts used in the transformer?
A. The main parts of the transformer are:
10. Name the parameters which are the same in the transformer while stepping up or down the voltage?
A. The parameters which do not change are frequency and power.
These are the topmost repeated questions that are asked in an interview. Guys, you can follow me on Instagram – Chetan Shidling.
I hope this article may help you all a lot. Thank you for visiting.
- Python Programming For Data Science And Machine Learning
- Top 05 Skills To Learn In 2021 To Get A High Package Salary
- Differences Between RAM And Graphics Card, Definition, Applications
- What Is Object Oriented Programming, Features Of OPPs