Hello everyone, in this article, I will discuss the estimation and costing of house wiring or residential plan, materials required for wiring, estimation, and cost of the lighting circuit, and heating circuit for house wiring or residential plan.
Before starting the article if you want to watch a video related to electrical estimation and costing, you can watch my YouTube videos – Click Here.
Estimation And Costing Of House Wiring
Given data: Consider a given residential plan.
This is the plan where we should calculate everything i.e., what are the materials required for the plan and make a chat of materials with costing.
All dimensions are in a meter
The following assumptions are made :
- The height of the meter board, distribution board from the floor level = 2 meters.
- Height of horizontal run and lighting fitting from floor level = 3 meters.
- Height of switchboard from floor level = 1.5 meters.
Total lighting load and number of circuits
|SI.No||Location||Area (meter square)||Wattage (10W/m sq)||Points||Points||Points||Type of Fitting|
|01||Verandah||8||80||1 * 60||–||–||Pendent|
|Total load =||480 watts||160 watts||120 watts|
- Total lighting circuit load = 480 + 160 + 120 = 760 watts
- Total heating circuit load = 3000 watts
- Total load of Installation = 760 + 3000 = 3760 watts
No of the lighting circuit
= Total lighting circuit load/800
= 760/800 = 0.95
If the total lighting circuit load exceeds 800 watts then two circuits must be provided, but here total lighting circuit load is less than 800 watts.
Therefore, only one circuit is used. Hence from the Meter board, one lighting and one heating circuit are taken.
Wiring diagram for the given plan:
- MB – Meter Board
- DB – Distribution Board
- SB – Switch Board contains switches & sockets
Size of the wire
To calculate any size of the wire, first, we should calculate load current and by using a wire table size of the wire can be calculated.
Load current = Total lighting circuit load/Voltage
= 760/230 = 3.30 Amps
let, a factor of safety be 2(for future demands or load)
Current rating = load current * 2
= 3.30 * 2 = 6.6 Amps
Therefore, for lighting circuit 3/22 SWG copper wire is selected from the wire table
|SI.No||Location||Horizontal run||Vertical drop to switch||Vertical rise pipe line to ceiling fan||Wall crossing||Total|
|04||Hall||4+4+4||1||0.5||0.33*5 = 1.65 (overall)||12|
Length of Conduit required, use concealed conduit system of wiring.
Total = 37 + 1,65( wall crossing )
= 38.65 = 39 (say)
Total PVC conduit = 39 +5% wastage
= 40.95 = 41 meter (say)
The total length of wire required
length of wire(3/22 copper wire) = 41 * 3
= 123 meter
Wood screws(assorted size) = 4(No of MB+SB)
= 4(1 + 4)
= 20 + 5% wastage
= 21.95 Nos
The number of wood plugs required is 22 Nos as same as wood screws.
Other accessories required
01. ICDP Switch
- load current = 3.30 * 2 = 6.6 Amps
- A 15A ICDP switch is selected or 15A MCB is used.
02. Switches = No of lamps + fans + sockets
= 12 + 2
= 14 Nos
A 250 V, 5 A switches = 14Nos
03. A 250 volts, 5 A, 3-Pin socket = 2 Nos
04. No of fan regulators = 2 Nos
05. No of Pendant holder = 6 Nos
06. No of Angle holder = 4 Nos
07. No of ceiling roses = No of fan + No of pendant
= 2 + 6 = 8 Nos
08. Fluorescent fitting, 230 V, 5 A = 4 set
09. Ceiling fans, 230 V = 2 set
10. Incandescent fitting = 6 set
11. No of Tees = 4 Nos
12. Meter Board = 1 Nos
13. Switch Board = 4 Nos
The labor charge depends upon the number of points
No of point
- = (lights + fan + sockets) * 0.5 + MB + DB
- = (10 + 2 + 2) * 0.5 + 1 + 1
- = 15 Nos
Labor Cost = Cost per point * No of points
= 195 * 15 = Rs 2970.00
Cost Of Materials
Cost depends on you which company product you are buying.
01. For heating load
load current = Total heating circuit load / Voltage
= 3000 / 230 = 13.04 Amps
Current rating = load current * Factor of safety
= 13.04 * 2 = 26.08 Amps
Therefore, 7/20 SWG copper wire is selected.
02. PVC Conduit required
Horizontal run = 4+2+4+1+2.5+1.5+3
= 18 meter
- Vertical drop = 1+1 = 2 meter
- Wall crossing = 0.33 * 4 = 1.32 meter
- Total PVC Conduit = 21.32 = 22 (25mm, 2mm thick)
Therefore, Total PVC conduit = 22 + 10% wastage
= 24.2 = 25 meter
03. Length of wire required
Length of wire = 3 * length of PVC conduit
= 3 * 25
= 75 meter
04. Wood screws (assorted size) = 4 * 2
= 8 No + 5%
= 8.4 = 9 No’s
05. Wood Plugs = 9 No’s
06. Other accessories required
(a) ICDP Switch
Load current = 13.04, FOS = 3
Current rating = 13.04 * 3 = 39.13 Amps
A 250 V, 50 Amps selected
(b) Switches – A 250 V, 15 A switches = 2 No’s
(c) 3-Pin socket = 2 No’s
(d) No of elbows = 2 No’s
(e) Switch board (200*250*45 mm) = 2 No’s
07. Labor Cost
No of point = 2
labor cost = 195 * 2 = 390 rupees.
I hope this article may help you all a lot. Thank you for reading. If you have any doubts related to this article “estimation and costing of house wiring” then comment below.
Tags: Estimation And Costing Of House Wiring Or Residential Plan, Materials Required.
- Difference Between Diode and SCR (Silicon Controlled Rectifier)
- Power Engineering, Definition, Scope, Companies, Job Profile, Salary
- Different Types Of Filters Used In Electronics And Electrical Devices
- Differences Between The Clipper Circuit And Clamper Circuit
- Difference between CRO and DSO, Cathode Ray And Digital Storage
- Different Types Of AWS Products (Amazon Web Service)