Hello guys, welcome back to my blog. In this article, I will discuss the Elements Of Electrical Engineering MCQ or Quiz, the electrician interview questions for competitive exams. Well, if you are an electrician and preparing for the competitive exam then this article is for you.
If you want an article on some other topics then comment us below in the comment section. You can also catch me @ Instagram – Click Here.
Also read – Basic Electrical Questions And Answers.
Elements Of Electrical Engineering MCQ or Quiz
01. 6-ohm resistors are combined to make a triangle. What is the resistance among any two edges?
- 3/2 Ohm
- 6 Ohm
- 4 Ohm
- 8/3 Ohm
02. Ohm’s law is not applicable to?
- D.C. circuits
- small resistors
- high currents
03. Two copper conductors have equal distances. The cross-sectional area of one conductor is 4 times that of the opposite. If the conductor holding a smaller cross-sectional area has a resistance of 40 ohms the resistance of different conductors will be?
- 160 ohms
- 80 ohms
- 20 ohms
- 10 ohms
04. A nichrome coil adopted as a heater coil has a resistance of two ohms. For a heater of 1 kW at 200 V, the distance of wire needed will be?
- 80 m
- 60 m
- 40 m
- 20 m
05. The temperature coefficient of resistance is shown in terms of?
06. Which of the following elements has the smallest resistivity?
07. When current flows through heater coil it heats, but supply wiring does not heat because?
- Current into supply line passes at a more moderate speed
- Supply wiring is coated with an insulation film
- The resistance of the heater coil is higher than the supply lines
- Supply wires are composed of excellent material
08. The condition for the validity below Ohm’s law is that?
- resistance must be uniform
- current should be equal to the size of the resistance
- resistance need be wire wound type
- temperature at the +ve end should be more than the temperature at the -ve end
09. Which of the following description is right?
- A semiconductor is a substance whose conductivity is the same as between that of a conductor and an insulator
- A semiconductor is a substance which has conductivity having a common value of the conductivity of metal and insulator
- A semi-conductor is one which conducts just half of the applied voltage
- A semiconductor is a substance made of alternating layers of conducting material and insulator
10. A rheostat varies from a potentiometer in the honor that it?
- has a more moderate wattage rating
- has a greater wattage rating
- has a high number of turns
- offers a huge number of tapping
11. An open resistor, when measured by an ohm-meter read?
- high but within tolerance
- low but not zero
12. _____ are the elements having electrical conductivity very less than most of the metals but much higher than that of standard insulators?
- Variable resistors
13. All good conductors have high?
- thermal conductivity
14. Voltage-dependent resistors are uses which material?
- silicon carbide
15. Voltage-dependent resistors are used?
- for inductive circuits
- to suppress surges
- as heating elements
- as current stabilizers
16. The amount of electrons in the external most orbit of carbon atom is?
17. A thermistor has?
- positive temperature coefficient
- negative temperature coefficient
- zero temperature coefficient
- variable temperature coefficient
18. Nichrome wire is an alloy of?
- lead and zinc
- chromium and vanadium
- nickel and chromium
- copper and silver
19. When a voltage of one volt is applied, a circuit allows one-micro ampere current to flow through it. The conductance of the circuit is?
- 1 n-ohm
- 106 ohm
- 1 milli-ohm
- none of these
20. Which of the following can have a -ve temperature coefficient?
- Compounds of silver
- Liquid metals
- Metallic alloys
I hope this article may help you all a lot. If you have any suggestions for me then comment us below in the comment section.
Thank you for reading.
Tags: Electrician Interview Questions For Competitive Exams, MCQ Type Questions