The advantages of PWM techniques are:
- The output voltage can be controlled.
- It reduces filter requirements.
- The main advantages are power loss in the switching device will reduce or will be very low.
- When a switch is turned off there is practically no current present and when the switch is on, the power is being transferred to the load, and there will be no voltage drop across the switch.
- It provides a high input power factor.
- The initial cost is low.
- The PWM technique in the case of the motor helps the motor to generate maximum torque even when the motor is running at lower speeds.