Hello guys, welcome back to my blog. In this article, I will discuss the future scope of VLSI, jobs for VLSI engineers, Salary for VLSI engineers and companies for VLSI engineers. Each and everything I will try to explain in a simple way.
If you require an article on some other topics then comment us below in the comment box. You can also follow me on Instagram – Chetan Shidling.
Future scope of VLSI
The future scope of VLSI engineers is very high as the world is full of electronics devices which consists of microcontrollers, microprocessors, etc. To design these chips or integrated circuits the VLSI engineers are required. The digital world consists of a lot of electronic devices such as automation devices, gadgets, etc it works on a chip or integrated circuit. So to design chips a lot of VLSI engineers are required.
VLSI means a very large scale integrated circuit. The integrated circuit is made up of millions of transistors. If you have a good background in electronics then this job is suitable for you. This job is mainly done by electronics and communication engineers, electrical and electronics engineers, etc because EE/EC students will have strong knowledge in electronics. If you are from other branches then you can also do this job, but you should be strong in electronics.
Now, I will discuss the different fields where the VLSI engineers can work.
01. Application VLSI Engineers – This job is for those who are good at interacting with customers and those who want to work in R and D. In this job, engineers must travel a lot and should take the requirements of customer based on application. If you are good at communication skills, interacting with people, and understanding customer need then this field is good for you.
The field also consists of subdomains such as application engineer for field and application engineer for corporate.
02. VLSI Chip Design Engineers – This field is for those who don’t like interacting and traveling. In this field, the engineer will design chips by using tools. But you should be good at communication because to share ideas with your colleagues. The field consists of various subdomains such as FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Arrays), ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit Design), AMS (Analog Mixed Signal Design), DFT (Design For Test), PCB ( Board Design).
03. VLSI Engineers For Verification – The work of the verification engineer is to verify the chips once the design is completed. The verification engineers must check whether the chip is working properly or not. You must also know coding skills such as Verilog or VHDL. If you like coding then this field is suitable for you. The subdomains of verification engineers are product validation, hardware-software co-verification, front end verification, etc.
04. Engineers For CAD – This job is suitable for those who like to manage tools. The job of engineers is to manage EDA tools. You must also know the latest update in software. Engineers should also know which tool is used for each process. Each and everything you should know about EDA tools.
05. VLSI Engineers For Sales – At the end of the process, the final product is ready, then the engineers for sales and marketing are responsible to sell the chips at the market. If you are good at interacting with people, communication skills, sales and marketing then this job is suitable for you.
These are the 5 fields where VLSI engineers have opportunity to work.
To become a VLSI engineer, first of all, you must have a strong background in electronics. If you want a high package then I suggest you do a VLSI course or internship. Things you must learn to become VLSI engineer are Verilog or VHDL coding, CMOS, Fabrication, Transistors, Verification, etc.
Salary Of VLSI Engineers In India And USA
The average salary of VLSI engineers in India is 5.5 lakhs per year and in the US it is 81 thousand dollars. If you like to do it in India you can do or else if you want to earn more then try for the US.
Companies For VLSI Engineers
The companies which are hiring for VLSI engineers are;
01. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc
02. Datapoint Info Solutions
03. Macart Equipment Pvt Ltd
04. Samsung India Electronics pvt Ltd
05. Vector India Pvt Ldt
06. Global Research Innovation & Development
07. Vector India
Top VLSI companies in the world
15. Texa Instruments
16. Broadcom Inc
18. SK Hynix
20. Micron Technology
These are the companies where VLSI engineers can apply for the job. I hope this article may help you all a lot. Thank you for reading. But you can also follow me on the Instagram Chetan Shidling. I think now you are clear with future-scope-of-VLSI-jobs-salary-companies-for-VLSI-engineers