Hello guys, welcome back to my blog. In this article, I will discuss what is power system analysis, what is the purpose of it, advantages, disadvantages, etc.
If you want an article on some other topics then comment us below in the comment section. You can also catch me @ Instagram – Click Here.
Also read – Power System Analysis Questions And Answers.
Power System Analysis
Nowadays, the demand of electricity or power is increasing day by day. Daily more amount of power or electricity is generated in the power plants, further in which the power is sent to a utiliser by transmission lines, substations, distribution lines.
While sending power from generating station to utiliser we face many challenging problems such as short circuit, overload, and many other faults. The power system analysis is a subject in a branch of electrical and electronics engineering for designing and analyzing the whole power system which consists of various components such as transformer, busbar, generator, circuit breaker, transmission lines, etc.
The main objective of the power system analysis is to check the system, whether it is delivering power properly to utiliser with the proper voltage, frequency, etc. without any fault condition or overload condition.
Power system analysis is used to perform various analyses. The power analysis performed are
01.Contingency analysis: This analysis is done at the time of line outage. The outage is the term used for open circuit fault or intentional opening of the circuit. The power flowing through line outage is stopped because other equipment may burn which causes failure. If the burdening continues it may result in a blackout. This is the aim of contingency analysis wherein the diverted path does not get overloaded.
02. Stability analysis: This analysis is used to study the stability of the power system. It is used to perform the analysis of whether the system is in a stable or unstable condition.
03. Load flow analysis or Power flow analysis: The load flow analysis helps in calculating the unknown parameters from the known parameters in the steady-state condition such as reactive power, current, voltage, real power, etc, and usually impedances or the admittances are known values.
04. Fault analysis: The analysis is done only at fault condition. The aim of the analysis is to predetermine the fault current in the case of occurrence. This pre-determination helps in designing and rating the protection devices required. The fault by default means Short circuit fault.
The software’s which are used as ETAP, PSCAD, SCADA, etc. These are software that is mostly used. The ETAP stands for Electrical Transient and Analysis Program. This software is used for design simulation, automation, and operation of distribution, generation, and industrial power systems. This software can simulate your system and calculate for all electrical quantities such as currents, faults, voltage drops, etc to validate your electrical design. It is also used for solar system analysis.
Advantages Of Power System Analysis
- By analyzing the system, the life span of equipment increases.
- Power or electricity can be delivered properly without any losses.
- Safety factor increases
- The efficiency of power or electricity transmission increases.
Disadvantages Of Power System Analysis
- Risk is more
- 24 hours of monitoring is required.
I hope guys this article may help you all a lot. Thank you for reading. You can also catch me @ Instagram – Click Here
- Python Programming For Data Science And Machine Learning
- Top 05 Skills To Learn In 2021 To Get A High Package Salary
- Differences Between RAM And Graphics Card, Definition, Applications
- What Is Object Oriented Programming, Features Of OPPs