Hello guys, welcome back to my blog. In this article, I will discuss the top 10 differences between Arduino and raspberry pi, what is Arduino, what is raspberry pi. Each and everything i will try to explain in a simple way.
If you need an article on some other topics then comment us below in the comment section. You can also catch me @ Instagram – Chetan Shidling.
The Arduino and Raspberry Pi look the same but they are different in terms of price, memory, tasking, etc. Well, guys don’t worry i will discuss below the top 10 difference between Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
Top 10 Difference Between Arduino Uno And Raspberry Pi
01. The Arduino is a micro-controller based computing board whereas the Raspberry Pi is a microprocessor-based single-board computer.
02. The Arduino can perform one task whereas the Raspberry Pi will perform multitask it is like a mini-computer.
03. The Raspberry Pi has a video output, USB ports, networking, operating system, and audio output built-in whereas the Arduino board does not have.
04. The Raspberry Pi is running in Linux whereas the Arduino is running firmware that means the instructions from compiled code you or someone else wrote.
05. If you are interested to do work with devices that gives computer vision such as object detection, face recognition, etc using a camera, you can use Raspberry Pi as there are existing libraries for C++, Python or Java. The Arduino is suitable for real-time applications such as LED controllers, robot controllers, thermostats, etc.
06. The memory size in Arduino is small 0.002 MB to store code whereas the memory size in Raspberry Pi is 512 MB to store code.
07. The input voltage to the Arduino is 7 to 12 volts whereas the input voltage to the Raspberry Pi 5 volts.
08. The Raspberry Pi is 40 times faster than an Arduino.
09. The Arduino is cheaper than a Raspberry Pi. The cost of Arduino starts from 500 rupees whereas the cost of Raspberry Pi starts from 1500 rupees.
10. Programming with Arduino is quite simple compared to the programming with Raspberry Pi.
Guys, these are the top 10 differences between the Arduino and Raspberry Pi. I hope this article may help you all a lot.