The Ethernet properties are:
- Protocol simplicity
- Relative low cost and elegant implementation of LAN system.
- High flexibility due to the bus topology and the cable tapping facility resulting in easy addition or removal of devices and systems.
- High reliability which assures the continuation of the operation of the network even if one or more workstation fail.
- Uses decentralized access control.
- Ethernet is a broadcast network.
- Ethernet provides best effort delivery. It does not provide any information to the source of the frame sent by it has successfully reached the destination.