Hello guys, welcome back to my blog. In this article, I will discuss the Difference Between LiFi And WiFi, the latest technology which will replace WiFi with LiFi. Some points I will discuss below so that you can understand easily.
If you guys require an article on some other information then comment us below in the comment box. You can likewise catch me @ Instagram – Chetan Shidling.
Nowadays, we use WiFi in colleges, hospitals, and some other places to connect the internet to our phones or laptops. The WiFi provides us the internet through radio waves. Do you ever have imagined that the data can be transferred through the light? Yes, the data can be transferred through the light by the LiFi system. The LiFi system transfers data through light such as LED bulbs. Below I will discuss the top 10 differences between WiFi and LiFi and I will also give the conclusion that which system is best to use.
Difference Between LiFi And WiFi
01. Full-Form – The full of a LiFi is light fidelity whereas the full form of WiFi is wireless fidelity.
02. Operation – The LiFi transmits data using light with the help of LED bulbs whereas the WiFi transmits data using radio waves with the help of a WiFi router.
03. Interference – The LiFi system does not have any interference issues similar to radio-frequency waves whereas the WiFi system will have interference issues from nearby access points or routers.
04. Applications – The LiFi system can be used in airlines, undersea explorations, operation theaters in the hospitals, office, and home premises for data transfer and internet browsing. The WiFi system is used for internet browsing with the help of wifi kiosks or wifi hotspots.
05. Merits – In LiFi, interference is less, can pass through salty seawater, works in the dense region. In WiFi, interference is more, can not pass through seawater, works in the less dense region.
06. Privacy – In LiFi, light is blocked by the walls and hence will give more secure data transfer. In WiFi, the RF signal can not be blocked by the walls and hence want to employ techniques to achieve secure data transfer.
07. Data Transfer Speed – The data transfer speed in LiFi is 1 Gbps. The data transfer speed in WiFi is WLAN-11n offers 150 Mbps, about 1-2 Gbps can be achieved using WiGig/Giga-IR.
08. Data Density – The LiFi system works in a high-density environment. The WiFi system works is a less dense environment due to interference related issues.
09. Coverage distance – In the LiFi system, the coverage distance is up to 10 meters. In the WiFi system, the is about 32 meters (WLAN 802.11b/11g), which varies based on transmit power and antenna type.
10. System Components – In the LiFi system, the lamp driver, LED bulb (lamp) and photodetector will make up a complete LiFi system. In the WiFi system, requires routers to be installed, subscriber devices (laptops, PDAs, desktops) are referred to as stations.
Conclusion: According to my opinion the LiFi system is best to use in banks, hospitals, colleges, etc because the data will be secure and safe. But in theaters and dark rooms the WiFi system is the best thing to use. These are the top 10 differences between LiFi and WiFi systems. I believe this article may help you all a lot. Thank you for reading.